Get Into Tourism Customer Service with Goldair Handling!
Are you between the ages of 18 and 30 and interested in acquiring knowledge and work experience in the Customer Service sector?
By successfully completing the training, you will have the competitive advantage of being considered for 20 job openings currently on offer with Goldair Handling, 15 in Athens and 5 in Santorini!
The second cycle of the Get Into programme, is run in collaboration with Goldair Handling, and offers young people free training in the soft and hard skills that a successful Check In Agent must have. Successful applicants will:
- Receive FREE training focusing on practical skills required for sector-specific jobs.
- Spend time training on the job and gain work experience with an employer within the Tourism Customer Service sector.
- Improve teamwork and communication skills, while building your confidence.
- Develop interview skills and build a CV.
All participants will:
- Be considered by Goldair Handling for specific job openings.
- Receive up to six months’ support from S.E. knowl for further education or training opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of check in counters
- Checking tickets, hand baggage and issuing boarding passes
- Checking travel documents (ID cards, passports, visas)
- Boarding passengers on the aircraft
- Preparation of gateway/exit set-up for passengers boarding, announcements, pick-up of hand luggage to facilitate flight
- Handling passengers with onward flights
- Communication with various departments of the company (Ramp Personnel, Load Control etc.) as well as with the relevant airlines (representatives and crews)
- Control of the relevant airline’s stock material
- Other work-related tasks, according to operational needs
Interested in applying?
What you’ll need:
- A University Degree and/or a High School Diploma
- Excellent knowledge of Greek, English (level B2) – First Certificate or equivalent
- A third language would be considered an asset
- Computer literacy
- Self-motivation, an attention to detail and team player ability
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to take initiative and to solve problems quickly
- The ability to perform in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional and effective approach to high stress situations
- Great communication skills, clear evidence of diplomacy, composure, organization, teamwork and also decisive character, ability to communicate in two ways and to “handle” difficult passengers
Apply now and get experience with Get Into, from one of the leading companies in the Tourism Industry.
Become a member of a team, characterized by its “Progressive Thinking, its Innovative Action, and Hard Work” – Demitris Golemis, Founder of Goldair, 1955.
Get Into Greece!
The Get Into programme is designed specifically for young people between the ages of 18 and 30, to provide them with the necessary training and work experience they need to find a job.
How does it work?
The programme directly links training with real market needs. In collaboration with large companies in Greece that have available job openings, Get Into provides training from qualified professionals and VET trainers that will help participants develop the necessary soft and hard skills that employers seek, today.
Last year, almost 6000 young people in the UK took part in The Prince’s Trust Get into programme which provided them with intensive training and work experience across a range of industries.
3 out of 4 young people who are supported by the Prince’s Trust go on to work education or training after completing a programme.
Why is it successful?
- Targets skills shortages in specific employment sectors
- Involves employers in the development and delivery of the programme
- Provides young people with the skills and experience needed to move into a specific sector and secure sustainable jobs
- Fosters relationships between employers and training providers
- Helps change young lives by giving them the first foot on the employment ladder
- Makes a difference to the local community by providing support, training and job opportunities
Who implements it?
In Greece, the project is implemented by Prince's Trust International, the Bodossaki Foundation and S.E. knowl for Education and Lifelong Learning, with the collaboration of large companies in Greece, from many different sectors.
Programme's 1st cycle
In Greece, the implementation of the innovative Get Into programme started with Vodafone Greece, focusing on Sales and offering all praticipants courses on hard skills and the unique opportunity for on-the-job training.
New programmes will be announced shortly.
1st Cycle: Get Into Sales from Vodafone
The first cycle of the innovative Get Into programme started with Vodafone Greece, focusing on Sales and offering all praticipants courses on hard skills and the unique opportunity for on-the-job training.
Goldair Handling provides ground handling services for passengers, aircraft and cargo. The company’s customers are primarily commercial airlines, general aviation companies and cargo transport companies.
Goldair Handling is currently active in three countries (Greece, Cyprus and Bulgaria), with operations deployed in 31 airports in total. These comprise 26 airports in Greece, two airports in Cyprus (Larnaca, Paphos) through Louis Goldair Services (LGS,and three in Bulgaria (Sofia,Burgas and Varna),through its subsidiary Goldair Handling Bulgaria.
Goldair Handling has also developed new partnerships, by providing consulting services and transferring its know-how with specialized personnel, focusing primarily on emerging markets. A recent example is the company’s successful partnership with ICAS, a company operating in the Ethiopian airports of Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa.
Goldair Handling acknowledges that the key pillar ofits success and growth across all sectors of activity, are its people.
Goldair Handling employees create value not only for the company itself, but also for its customers. This is why the company supports a workplace culture in which employees feel valued and secure in terms of employment, providing them with excellent working conditions and continuous development of both their technical competencies and their personal and social skills, and cultivating a workplace culture of team spirit, mutual respect and dedication.
In order to offer a valuable work experience, Goldair Handling is guided by the following behaviours that motivate the actions and activities of its employees:
- Promptness/Flexibility: I react promptly and effectively to challenges
- Consistency: I am consistent in my actions and commitments
- Teamwork: I am an essential part of the team
- Respect: I respect the opinion and the work carried out by each one of us
Vodafone Greece is a member of Vodafone Group Plc, one of the world’s leaders in telecommunications, with a strong presence in the country’s mobile, fixed and internet market. Since 1992, Vodafone has been driving the market forward and contributing to innovation, having invested more than 1.5 billion euro in the last seven years. Vodafone offers total communications solutions that reliably support the daily needs of consumers and businesses through innovative products, comprehensive services and excellent support. Also, as a responsible corporate citizen, Vodafone Greece responds to current challenges and remains committed to the principles of Sustainable Development.
Vodafone Greece owns one of the largest private fiber-optics networks in Greece and continues to enhance its fixed telephony and Internet services with new possibilities that empower customers. In addition, Vodafone constantly expands its mobile network with extensive 3G and 4G coverage and 4G+ services, offering high speed, quality and reliability, combined with HD Voice technology for crystal clear sound.
Vodafone is recognised as an experienced and innovative partner that addresses current communication needs with high-quality and innovative solutions and excellent customer services. Vodafone shops offer the best retail experience through a growing network around Greece. A unique reference point for anyone wishing to get a first look into the latest 4G smartphones, tablets and accessories, the Vodafone Internet Team helps customers get familiar with mobile internet and its latest applications.